04 Jun Release day
On the 1st of Feb, WIRES rescuers were called to assist a Koala that had been found unconscious on a bush track.
With smoke in the air from nearby fires and the mercury soaring, the 10 year old male koala was suffering the effects of severe heat stroke and dehydration.
Jeff, as he was later named, was rushed straight to the vet. He was immediately given IV fluids, but crashed and had to be revived on the table.
Jeff is a lazy boy who wont climb far for leaves and is a healthy 10kg.
He is being released today (3rd of June), which will be a bitter sweet moment for all involved in his rescue and care